Monday 21 March 2016

Mothers Day

Mothers day !!! This day is indeed important to me because I was awarded the golden crown of being a mother on this very same day for the first time in my life.To be precise, My elder son Aditya, was born today.  I thank god for such a beautiful gift for he was one who got me upgraded into the next level named motherhood.

 The experiences that I had with my kids made me closer to my mother realizing and appreciating the thought process of a parent and the real intentions behind their words.
I bet every single parent would have reminded their kids at least once, the varied situations they had fought with life for them , how they struggles to make things better for their little ones, how they risked their desires to fulfill their kids dreams ..... and guess the expression on your kid's face as they hear it out ... if its a small child , he will listen to it loving the deviations of your expressions, if its a teenager, he will be like....oh no !not again ... and if its an adult, it could be  hmmm..I know that (with a deep sigh ).
Even I was never an exception. But as I got promoted as a mother from my wife's status and as years rolled by, I heard myself echoing similar narratives. It was then I realised that as I share my experiences of motherhood or the hardships that I faced for my kids, I was not trying to elevate myself in their eyes.Nor was I waiting to get rewards for those actions. I was just sharing my joys with my new friends, to let them know that those pains and strains are the reason for the smile I have now. If each one of you could recollect any incident that was a sacrifice for your loved ones...you would realize that those memories would now come to us accompanied with a smile.... the smile of confidence born out of love.
So with an acknowledgment of those million realisational moments that both my sons have given me  let me celebrate this day adorned with my love, respect and gratitude to my mother who has brought me into this fabulous world. It goes beyond words as I write this  , that whatever the situation is , whatever I may be or whatever might happen .... I would proudly declare that MY MOTHER IS THE BEST....and even if I had tried really hard, I would still never had been 1/100th of a good mother as she was to me.  LOVE YOU AMMA...

No comments:

When I was a kid , the word Cancer didn't hold much of a meaning in my life. As I grew people started using as a name for some deadly d...